The Committee for the Development and Promotion of French Clothing, otherwise called DEFI, was founded by the French Minister of Economy, Finances and Industry. It was created in December 20, 2000 to supercede the Committee for the Development and Promotion of French Textile and Clothing created in 1984.
In order to “support all kinds of collective initiatives in favour of the clothing industry,” the DEFI carries out several public service missions, including:
• Fostering programs that support innovation and the restoration of industrial and commercial structures.
• Contributing to the improvement of training programs for employees as well as improving production, management and marketing conditions in the clothing industry.
• Stimulating the national and international promotion of industry-specific products.
• Participating in the development of favorable conditions for creativity in the fashion business and supporting the preservation of its fashion patrimony.
• Implementing economic and social research in the clothing industry and publishing their findings.
• Contributing to the financing of programs that promote the initiatives as sated above
• Quality control of organizations benefiting from DEFI’s financial support.
We highly appreciate the financial support of DEFI, the Committee for the Development and Promotion of French Clothing, for development and launch of this web-site.
The Committee for the Development and Promotion of French Clothing - DEFI8, rue de Montesquieu, 75001 PARIS, France
Tel: +33 1 40 74 09 53
Fax:+33 1 40 74 08 99
CEO: Clarisse REILLE / email@example.com